Copyright

27 November 2011

Until the Mother Ship Returns For Me

When I was little, I had this theory.  I was dropped on planet Earth by my alien parents.  I was never quite sure if it was a punishment or an experiment of some sort.  Either way, here I am until the Mother Ship calls me home.

Due to the set up of this crazy world, I am in no way getting younger.  However, I still have much to accomplish.  Some of these assignments come directly from the Man in Charge, while others have been self assigned.  Some are simply cleaning up messes I've already made, and there are even a few 'just for fun' items sprinkled in for good measure.  Being that each day ticks closer to my departure, it's time I get focused and busy!  I have devised a strategy to assist on this mission.

Think big...start small.

Here's a glimpse at some of the items in my Think Big Bag:
  • Kick all unnecessary clutter out of my home and my life (now that's thinking big - lol)
  • Finish remodeling my house
  • Finish my degree
  • Improve my health
  • Be debt free again - minus the mortgage
  • Be financially stable 
  • Have my emergency/kick the bucket information complete for whomever handles my estate
  • Dip my toes in both oceans
  • Visit a state park
  • Watch the sun rise with a loved one
  • Watch the sun set with a loved one
  • Get my son through high school and into college
  • Get my son his drivers license
  • Grow a successful fruit/vegetable garden
  • Learn to can
  • Learn to cook/bake without using processed/enriched flours
  • Start a business
  • Have my charity program up and running
  • Write a book (maybe)
  • Travel - perhaps visiting all 50 states, Canada and Mexico
  • Learn to knit
  • Learn Spanish
  • Learn to quilt
  • Buy a second house - maybe build one in the country
  • refinish a piece of furniture
  • make something out of wood again (did this way back in junior high when I took a wood shop class)
  • Learn to sew better
  • Put together a family recipe book for my kids
  • Walk a 5k (that's big after 2 heart surgeries)  I would say run, but I'm trying to be realistic.
Well, there you have it.  Things that will keep me busy during my stay on Planet Earth!

2 comments:

  1. I'll walk toe Susan G Koman with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok - as long as it is a small one and not the 60 mile in 3 day thing - lol!

    ReplyDelete