Copyright

19 November 2011

Found Money! Starting small...

Got a challenge for ya...are you up to it?  Since I am not feeling 100% today and my brain is moving full steam ahead while my body lags behind, I'm throwing in a little bit of 'money, honey' with the house cleaning.  Grab all that loose change from around the house - you know where to look - on the dryer, on the dresser, up on the TV, in your purse...deep down in the bottom with the purse dust bunnies, in your husband's pockets - I mean, come on, like he's actually going to spend the change!

Now, count it!  Have kids?  Get them to help you - they need these lessons as well!  CHANGE IS MONEY!

Once it is counted, decide what you are going to do with it.  There are endless options:
~save it for tooth fairy visits
~rainy day hide and seek for the kids
~take it to the change machine and turn it in for a gift card (most don't charge fees if you do it that route)
~pay down a credit card
~treat everyone to ice cream this weekend
~use it to start your emergency savings

You get the idea!  Be creative and don't leave the change out of your money plans!

I'm off to do the challenge myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment