Copyright

18 November 2011

Balancing Our Blessings - Plugging the Purse Holes

From 25 Oct 2011


Plugging the Purse Holes

I know I saw a devotion on this some time ago.  I'll have to go track it down and post it.

Do you have money left over at the end of the pay period (after you remember to pay all of your bills)?  If so, yea you!  If not, do you know where your money is going?  Is it going where you want it to?

In December of 2009, I was completely debt free (except for my mortgage)!  I had paid off 2 credit cards, 2 car loans and a few miscellaneous things and had a decent emergency fund.  From there, I started socking away money into my home remodeling account.  IT CAN BE DONE!  2010 saw me debt free as well.  Then I enrolled my son in a private academy.  2011 came along and my purse began leaking again.  Somehow, my credit cards starting being used again.  They aren't maxed, but definitely need paid off...AGAIN!  I have emptied my home remodeling account with the purchase of materials to finish everything but the laundry room, bathrooms and kitchen and certain recent events had me tap into my emergency savings.  I DO, however, still have my incidentals account (I put money into this regularly for car maintenance, vet trips, gifts, holidays, yearly eye glasses and the like).

Of course, there was then the discovery of a wheat sensitivity - leading to a new way of eating - and the unexpected surgery, with all the bills that come along with it.  My son is still in the private academy and will soon have his license - thus increasing vehicle insurance premiums.

The remainder of the emergency savings and the incidental account being fully funded for the next 2 months of incidentals is an absolute saving grace.  However, I need to find and plug those darned holes!

No comments:

Post a Comment