Copyright

25 November 2011

The Rx could cause what?

My Day Timer says nothing about me taking time to be sick!  Yet, here I am on day 8.5 of not feeling well.  I can handle sick okay.  I don't get sick often, so when I do, a couple of down days are fine.  However, 8.5 days of a semi-truck running me over is simply NOT okay!  I don't have time for this and I'm a bit cranky tonight.  Perhaps that is due to someone at my doctor's office trying to kill me or at least scare the daylights out of me - and I don't scare easily!

I went to the doctor's office on Wednesday.  My doctor was booked, so I saw one of the NPs.  I'm okay with that as we've seen this one before and she has full access to my history.  I like her.  We are of the same mindset - natural approach first, no drugs unless absolutely necessary.  We chatted and agreed that my body was doing a pretty decent job of keeping things 'just this side' of a full blown infection.  We chatted a bit more about what I was doing and she gave me one other tip.  We agreed I would call in on Friday with an update.  If necessary, she would then call in an antibiotic.

Today's Friday.  I called in - left message - got a call back from someone (not the NP) that the Rx had been called in - I should feel better pretty darned fast.  Okay, cool.  Finish work, drive through CVS and pick up the Rx.  It's a drug I've never taken before, so I decide to look it up before opening the bag.  Glad I did.  One of the side effects is an abnormal heart rhythm.  I haven't posted my health history on this blog yet, but nutshell version:  I had to ablations for abnormal heart rhythms...the deadly kind!  The last thing I need is for ANYTHING to make my heart feel like it is skipping all about over town!

So, this drug will remain in the bag.  I will call the doctor's office in the morning and see who is on duty.  Until then, I've alerted my body's army to be prepared to fight this one without additional reinforcements.  I have promised to up the daily supply shipments, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment