Copyright

16 January 2012

A day of finances - Netflix

We were with Blockbuster until they closed all of their stores around us.  Then we switched over to Netflix.  Not too long ago, Netflix changed their plans.  I didn't actively change anything, so I got shifted to the 'Unlimited Streaming and 1 DVD out at a time' plan.  It is an auto-draft from my account, so I decided to take a look at it today.


My son and I both use the streaming, so that stays.  However, the 1 DVD - well, I've had the same DVD sitting here to watch for a month now.  That means I paid $7.99 to watch just this one movie (that I have yet to watch).  That doesn't make me happy!  So, I'm changing the plan to 'Unlimited Streaming' only.  That will cut my monthly bill in half.  


Now, there are many movies I'd like to see that are DVD only.  Guess I'll have to find an alternative source to borrow these from or gather them and then get the DVD subscription for a month and knock them out.  With me starting 2 classes tomorrow, that won't be any time soon.


Oh, and perfect timing!  New billing cycle starts in 2 days!


It may only be a savings of $8.65 (incl. tax) per month, but that adds up to $103.80 for the year.  That is just a few dollars short of covering 1 class at the community college!

No comments:

Post a Comment