Copyright

16 January 2012

$107 FREE Money!

Over the Thanksgiving weekend, ING (an online bank) had a great promo going on.  If you opened an account during the specified time, and then made 5 debit card purchases within 45 days, they would deposit $107 into your account.  There was nothing to lose.  My money had to sit somewhere and I paid by debit card anyway, so I signed up.  My deposit was minimal - just enough to cover 5 small charges.  Then, I waited.  


I checked the account today - deposit was made!


So, I received $107 for about 3 minutes of my time - not a bad return!


Now, what to do with the money?


Well, I could do many things with it - remodeling account, emergency savings account, pay off a bill, splurge on myself, BUT...remember my 'found money' challenge?  Any 'found' or 'free' money goes to my Gifts on the Sly account to cover birthday gifts for the year.


Yep, that's where this will go.  Thinking about it, I believe that's what this account will be used for.  That way, I can deposit the change and not carry it around.  Speaking of...I need to go update the amount in that account with a few recent 'finds.'

No comments:

Post a Comment