Copyright

16 January 2012

A day of finances - cell phone and a good reason to stay organized

The next bill due this pay period is my cell phone.  I know this, though I can't lay my hands on the current bill.  I moved my desk a few months ago to prepare for the living room remodeling and things haven't been organized since!

So, I had this bright idea to go online.  I click on 'set up an account.'  It tells me I already have an account set up.  Really?  Hmm, guess it was set up when I got the phone/service last year.  I've never accessed my account online.  Next, I click 'account name reminder.'  It asks if I want it to my phone or email.  I chose 'phone' and enter my phone number - assuming it would text it to me.  Ha!  The screen then tells me it has been sent to my account email.  This would be the email account that was set up when I got this phone/service because it required a gmail account (and mine is a yahoo account).  That would be fine and wonderful...IF I ever used that account, therefore remembering that password!

Then it dawns on me...they linked my gmail account in my phone.  Okay, grab the phone and touch the little gmail button.  Ah...look...email.  All OLD.  WAIT.  Oh, a screen pops up telling me it isn't set to 'sync' and 'update' automatically.  What?  It did before this latest not-so-great update they pushed out recently.  Do I want to 'sync' or 'update?'  I just want access to the stupid email that was just sent.

Success!  Email received.  Username is ........ Yep, that was set up by the service tech, not me.  Okay, back to the website.  Enter the username.  Let's try a default password.  Waiting...

Yes!  Almost there!  Of course, there has to be a pop up screen first.  Do I want to go paperless?  Well, at this point, that would be wonderful...IF you will send it to the email of MY choice.  Let's see....

Oh, wow!  Sprint will begin charging $1.99 a month for a detailed paper statement!  That's okay - I only received a summary bill anyway.  I already know who I call.

Yeah!  I can have it sent to my yahoo account.  Okay, I'll sign up.  That done, can I please now see my current status?

Okay, there!  Bill paid!  While I was there, I grabbed the information and entered it on my Emergency Information Worksheet.  Then, I shot off an email to customer service regarding the inquiries I had about my account information (verifying employer discount is intact and getting contract end date) and about the phone service issues I've been having.  We shall see what comes of that, but for now, this service is now all caught up - nice and neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment