Copyright

16 January 2012

A day of finances - electric

Next up on the review/pay is the electric bill.  My payment is on time, but I wanted to check out a few things anyway.  Here's what I found:


-late charge is 5% (this has been noted on my spending plan worksheet)
-my current contract expires late March (this has been listed on my March To Do list)
-company does offer a budget billing plan


Now, I was on the budget billing plan with my previous provider for years and it was very beneficial.  When I saw the new one was offering this now, I must admit I thought about signing up.  This would even out my billing, BUT I am in the lower billing season since I'm not using my a/c.  For now, I think I will keep my budgeted amount where it is (which is remarkably close to what the budget billing amount would be), and push any 'left over' cash to paying off the credit cards.  


Account is current, late fees and renewal time have been noted accordingly, and access information for website is entered on my Emergency Information Worksheet.  


The only thing left to do to lower this bill is to reduce the usage, but that's a different post!

No comments:

Post a Comment