Copyright

31 December 2011

Gifts on the Sly - $66.02 worth of gifts for....$5.41 (and not a penny out of my budget)!

I had $20 in Kohl's Cash to spend AND received a 20% off coupon via email from them this morning, so off I went.  I got a great deal AND learned something.  First, the deal.
Two long sleeve shirts - one button down, one fun tshirt, 1 cool puzzle including a magnifying glass and one book.  I wasn't planning on getting everything at Kohl's, but who can pass up free!  The shirts were originally $28 and $18, but we all know I absolutely hate paying full price - they were on the clearance rack.  The puzzle was originally $9.99, but on sale.  The book was part of their charity sales - $5.  The $20 Kohl's Cash covered all but the book!  (Kohl's Cash can't be applied to the special charity items.)  


While I was there, I picked up 2 other games:
Also on sale, leaving me with only one more game/puzzle to buy for the grandsons!  Each were under $4.  I walked out of the store with all of the above, only spending $12.09.  


Shopping for birthday #1 is complete.  All I need to do is make him his card and drop it all in the mail.  


Balance left in the Gifts on the Sly bucket:  $35.16


Next birthday is my son-in-law in February.


What I learned:  Be aware of store cash and coupon policies up front!  I assumed the 20% off coupon would be applied to my whole order BEFORE I paid with Kohl's Cash or any other form of payment.  Not the case.  The Kohl's Cash is applied to the total FIRST.  The discount coupon is then applied to the remaining balance (except for the charity items, of course).  I verified this on their website when I got home.  

1 comment: