Copyright

07 December 2011

Deal of the Day x2!

Today started out like any other Use it or Lose it day off.  Then, my daughter calls and asks if I need to get a haircut.  A very odd question since we live 5 hours apart.  Turns out a friend of hers is an instructor at a new cosmetology school nearby.  Check out their grand opening special:


Well, sure I need a haircut!  Actually, I really did.  So I showered, dressed and drove a few miles up the road to get my awesome deal.  I was a little nervous about a student cutting my hair, but I only needed a decent trim - remove the split ends and even out the bottom.  I ended up with a lady about my age.  She was switching career paths after being a stay at home mom for several years.  I must say it was the best haircut I've received in over a year AND included a shampoo and blow dry - all for $1 (plus the tip I left).


Now, that was an awesome deal in itself, right?  Had that been the only deal of the day, I'd have been happy.  However, I remembered I had a coupon from my last shopping trip at Big Lots.  Time to redeem it before it expired this weekend.  



Yes, you are seeing that right.  I walked out of the store having not spent a penny!  The coupon was for $10 off a purchase of $10 or more.  I needed a few more bath towels, but I haven't wanted to shell out a lot of money on them since the bathrooms are next on the remodeling list (and I haven't decided on colors yet).  Problem solved - grab 2 at Big Lots, apply coupon and get them for FREE!


Yep, that's how my day went :)

No comments:

Post a Comment