Copyright

12 December 2009

What's in your trash can?

It seems I need to re-introduce my son to the compost bin. I went in to the kitchen this morning and noticed a banana peel and egg shells sitting in the trash can. After removing those to their proper place and taking out a piece of styrofoam packaging to re-use and I still have an extremely small amount of trash in the trash can. It's been almost a full week and I still don't have a full trash bag to take out for the weekly pick up on Tuesday.
What's in my trash can?
~the empty packets of EmergenC
~some used packing tape from a purchase last week
~wrappings from our Whataburger burgers earlier in the week
~some torn up pieces of plastic from that same purchase last week

What I noticed already today:
I was sweeping the kitchen floor and went to toss the sweepings into the trash. I realized that was kind of silly since it was primarily dirt from the dogs being in overnight - rerouted to the back yard where it came from!

No comments:

Post a Comment