Copyright

05 February 2012

A scare with a message

Early last week, I had a scare and ended up in the ER.  


Nutshell version:  Due to certain elevations in my blood work, I had to be admitted for further testing.  After a contrast CT scan to look for blood clots in the lungs, and what they now call a left heart catheterization to check for any heart damage came back clear, I was discharged.


Due to my prior heart issues with vtach, I will have to go on an event monitor for a month and have several check ups with my electrophysiologist and cardiologist over the next few months.  Other than that, the intrusive procedure left me with restrictions including 5 days of no lifting more than a gallon of milk and no driving.


The short return to the hospital brought a bit of redirection.  


Sitting in that hospital bed - not knowing what was about to be discovered - I realized I had added certain 'wants' to my plate, while allowing certain 'needs' to slip.

My focus had become too scattered.  



God works in mysterious ways and I've tried to become a better listener.


In a way, February 1, 2012 became the first day of the rest of my life - redirected.  My test results were clear and I was released from the hospital to get back to the daily routine of living...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment