Copyright

18 February 2012

Progress!

17 days into the month, I am happy to report I paid off my smallest credit card!  I had expected this to take until at least mid-March, so I was a bit excited.  I was able to cut the additional $67 necessary in just the first 1/2 of February!  


Actually, I shaved that much - plus a few dollars more.  Those few dollars were immediately sent to the other credit card company, and now I am moving towards the next marker.


Area:  Finances
Marker #3: Pay off credit card #2 



Now, with the amount I originally had in the spending plan for credit cards, this would take 9 months - meaning it wouldn't be paid off until November.  If I can sustain the amount that I ended up paying in February, I could have it paid in 5.5 months - meaning mid-July.  However, I know of at least one utility bill I still need to make adjustments to.  If that change saves what I am expecting it to, it would mean paying it off in 4.5 months.  That puts us at mid-June - still too late to start back to school this summer.  


So, my goal is to find the money in the spending plan to pay this off even earlier.  Let's see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment