Copyright

06 February 2012

Day 6 Focus on Health

Whew - I've made it to the final day of my lifting/driving restrictions!  Now it's time to focus on regaining my health.  Though this area is somewhat easy to mark progress in at times, it is also hard to define in a long term range - I mean, the ultimate goal is to 'be healthy.'  


I believe I'll just use the same format as I am using with the finance area for now.  My current goal in this area is to be within my 'healthy weight' range.   I have other goals that I want to achieve in this area - walk 'x' amount, lift 'x' amount, etc., but I guess I'll use those as markers along the way, or perhaps I'll use those as future goals.  Either way, it will all lead to a more healthy weight.  


I'm not sure yet how I want this to look before I return to taking classes.  However, I know it must start NOW.  


Thanks to the contrast running through my system from the testing, it was important to already get going with the first project.


Area:  Health
Project:  Hydrate (ongoing)


A day of no water will leave anyone a bit dehydrated.  Though I was hooked up to an IV for a few hours before discharge, I only finished about 1/2 the bag.  So it has been important to stay hydrated since discharge.  


Now that I can move a bit easier, I can start a physical project.


Area:  Health
Project #1:  Physical activity - walking
Period of time:  10 minutes/day - 3 days



This will get me to my re-check with my electrophysiologist.  Once he clears me, I can start increasing.


In the morning, I'll step on the dreaded scale and take some measurements - not my idea of fun.  Once I have my starting point, I can set my first marker.

No comments:

Post a Comment