Copyright

04 October 2011

I'm back and on a major mission!

Well, glancing back, I haven't posted in MANY months. However, with the urging from some friends, I am back to blogging about my "adventures." Here's a quick recap to get us to the point in time for this adventure.

A little over 9 years ago, I bought a house. The story behind that is another "adventure", but to sum it up, the house was structurally sound, but needed a generous amount of TLC. That part didn't work out quite as planned and it took years to get it moving. Finally, three years ago, the bedrooms got a face lift (well, to about 98% anyway). Then it was back to saving money. This year I had the unexpected expense of putting up two large dog pens (yet another adventure). That postponed things, but FINALLY I was able to stash enough cash to remodel my whole living area (that is like 1/2 the square footage of my house!). That project is currently underway. Of course, it completely sucked the House Fund DRY, but I am so excited to finally be getting this done!

That brings us to now. The House Fund is empty, the project continues to reveal unexpected expenses (Murphy's law) - thus tapping into my regular bill paying account - and I still have two bathrooms, a laundry room and a kitchen to remodel. So my Mindful Living Adventure begins again, but this time with a few extra twists. Since my last Adventure, my son has enrolled into a private academy to finish out high school, he has had surgery (which the bills are still pouring in for) AND we have discovered he has a pretty darn big wheat sensitivity!

Oh well, what's life without some challenges? Those who followed the last adventure know I love a chance at creative problem solving, so LET's DO THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment