Copyright

11 March 2012

Swamp Land

Ever get the feeling no matter what you do you just end up walking in circles?  Well, it's been one of those times for me lately.  Lots going on - a good amount out of my control - and no matter what I do, it seems I get nowhere fast!  It's days (weeks, months) like these that I fall back on my "SIMPLIFYINGMYLIFE" approach.  I seek out that one little thing that I CAN do something about.  Some days that means something as small as washing the dishes - sometimes it is something simple like dropping off a box of unwanted items at the local Salvation Army store.


The past few months have brought me to many "forks in the road."  Unfortunately, the paths before me have been covered in leaves, mud - hidden behind sheets of rain...you get the idea. It's like the paths are before me, but I've been kept in the "swamp land" and can't quite reach even the point of choosing which path I will take.  For much, I am still waiting on more information to be revealed, and that path will likely be chosen for me.


This place can become quite frustrating - especially when lasting longer than I feel it should!  However, I am slowly learning that struggling against it simply causes more frustration.  Instead, I am finding small measures of peace by accepting where I am at and taking time to clean up some of where I am, while waiting for the opportunity to move forward...even if just a bit...to see what lies ahead on any one of the roads before me.


Only time will tell which road must be taken, but until then...I do what I can, where I am at.

No comments:

Post a Comment