Copyright

11 February 2009

Preemies - Close to my heart

Please sign the petition located in my side-bar.

Every year, many children are born prior to the normal 42 week term of pregnancy. Pre-term indicates birth prior to 37 weeks. There are many reasons this early birth may happen, yet still additional unknown reasons.

Preemie babies face additional hardships at birth. Many spend weeks or months in the Neo-natal Intensive Care Unit before they are able to go home. Some are not that lucky.

For further information, visit the March of Dimes website at www.marchofdimes.com .

Why this is close to my heart ~ All 4 of my grandsons were Preemies. One spent over a month in the NICU. One was born with a very rare condition that required life saving surgery before he was a week old. All have weak lungs. I am thankful for all the research that has been done and for all of the new technology that help these babies with their fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment