Copyright

21 February 2009

Balancing Our Blessings - Setting Up a Central Command Center - Introduction

Look around at all that you have. How ever much or how ever little, have you ever stopped to think that just maybe it really isn’t all yours?

Perhaps you have worked hard to get where you are at today. Maybe you feel like you have done it all on your own and are entitled to what you have. Have you ever stopped to think about how you got to where you are at today, though?

Perhaps you say “I’ve worked hard and sacrificed much. It is mine.” Have you ever stopped to think where your gifts and talents came from?

Over time, I have come to realize that NOTHING is MINE. I am entitled to none of it! However, I have been blessed with ‘it’…whatever ‘it’ may be! What is currently in my possession has been entrusted to me to care for and manage while I am on this Earth.

For some of us, this can be a very hard thing to swallow. If this is true, then these things can take on a whole new meaning. It means we are accountable to someone other than ourselves. What does this mean for the way we are currently handling things? It means we need to do so responsibly, just as we would if we were caring for something belonging to someone else in their absence.

To me, this means we should strive to Balance Our Blessings. Our blessings can include many things: our children, our marriages, our health, our homes, our talents…the list goes on. However, I have only been entrusted to help us learn to manage our financial blessings a bit better.

This area is something I have come to refer to as my Central Command Center. After all, if our financial affairs are out of whack, one can easily assume that other areas are as well! The Central Command Center will pull in a few loosely related items, but you will start to see that those items do have an impact on our financial well being.

We are in tough times right now. Let’s get determined to balance this blessing to the best of our ability for ourselves and our families!

No comments:

Post a Comment